Information on Cookies
Cookies are small text strings that the sites visited by the user send to his or her computer or mobile device, where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the same sites at the next visit of the same user. During navigation on a website, the user can also receive cookies on his workstation sent from websites or from web servers other than the one he or she is visiting (“third-party” cookies). There are various types of cookies, depending on their characteristics and functions, and these can remain in the user’s computer or mobile device for different periods of time: there are, for instance, session cookies, which are automatically deleted when the browser is closed, and persistent cookies, which remain on the user’s equipment until a pre-established expiry date. Thanks to cookies, the server sends information that is re-read and updated every time the user returns to the site. In this way, the website can automatically adapt to the user, improving his or her browsing experience. In addition, cookies provide the site operator with anonymous information on user navigation, also to obtain statistical data on the use of the site and improve its navigation.
Among technical cookies, which do not require an express consent for their use are:
- “Analytic Cookies” used directly by the site operator to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and on how they visit the site;
– “Browser or Session Cookies” that guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate access to restricted areas);
- “Functional Cookies”, which allow the user to navigate according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided.
For “Profiling Cookies” (i.e. those aimed at creating profiles related to the user and used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user while surfing the net) a prior consent of the user is required.
Types of Cookies used by VisMederi
The Website uses the following types of cookies, and offers the possibility to de-select them, except for third party cookies for which the user must refer directly to the methods of selection and de-selection of the corresponding cookies, indicated via the links:
- Technical Cookies (navigation or session cookies), strictly necessary for the operation of the Website or allowing the user to take advantage of the requested contents and services.
- Analytic Cookies, allowing the Website manager to understand how users use the Website. With these cookies, we do not collect information about the user’s identity or any personal data. Such information is treated in an aggregate and anonymous form.
- Functionality Cookies, used to activate specific functions of the Site and a series of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided.
WARNING: by disabling technical and/or functional cookies, the Website may not be available, certain services and/or functions of the Website may be unavailable or may not work properly and the user may be forced to change or manually enter certain information or preferences every time they visit the Website.
VisMederi Research uses both first party and third party cookies as it makes use of the functionality of Google Analytics services offered by Google Inc.
Cookie Management: Disabling and Deleting Cookies
The browser settings used by the user to navigate allow both the cancellation and the possibility of avoiding the installation of cookies on the electronic device in use.